Dear All,

This year's German Theatre production at the University of Nottingham takes a new perspective on the story of Cinderella, a fairytale which we thought that we all knew and loved. This interpretation sees a more modern setting for the play, with some fairly drastic changes: the fairy Godmother has been cut out and it is Cinderella who takes control of her future. The prince prefers campaigning for Grüner Frieden over dancing, and the ugly sister acts alone, without her partner in grime. However, the magic and light-heartedness of the original tale remains, brought up to date with a different setting and relatable characters.

We have had tremendous fun compiling the script, designing staging and inventing plot twists, and we hope you will enjoy coming along and watching!

(Text by Alexandra Marchbank, one of the student actresses)

“Aschenputtel” will be performed on Tuesday 18th March at 7.30pm and on Thursday 20th March at 8pm in Trent Building LG18. There will be a reception after both performances and a poster exhibition on German fairy tales, provided by the Goethe-Institut London. Also, the winners of the fairy tale competition for students at the University of Nottingham will be awarded their prizes.

Tickets available from Sascha Stollhans (£3 or £2 for students).

See the poster on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/UoNGerman/photos/pb.459178567453882.-2207520000.1394112277./684487571589646/?type=3&theater

All welcome!

Best wishes,
Sascha

Sascha Stollhans

DAAD-Lektor

The University of Nottingham, Department of German Studies, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD

Trent Building, Room C51 | Tel. +44 (0)115 - 846 7939 | [log in to unmask] | Staff profile

Support and Feedback Hours: Tuesday 10.30-11.30 and by arrangement

DAAD - Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (German Academic Exchange Service) | DAAD London office

Find UoN German Studies on Facebook.

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.