I once had Johnny Ball flirt with me while I was dressed up as a Victorian for a Christmas event at a museum. As I remember he decided that I was Ida Lovelace, the world’s first computer programmer.

That said, I think it’s definitely easier to deal with those sorts of situations when you’re in costume, as you can respond in character, which makes it a bit easier to tell them to naff off. And it takes a lot of confidence to approach visitors and talk to them, whether or not you are in character, so it’s horrible to think of staff having this confidence undermined. Hopefully, as Essex suggests, you will be able to work out a policy to deal with this and support your staff.

Have a good weekend,
Elee (nowhere near as clever as Ida)

Elee Kirk
eleekirk.com