Hi all –

I’ve recently come into contact with the Waterloo 200 programme, to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the eponymous battle;

It got me wondering – what other BIG anniversaries (ie centenaries, or at least multiples of 50 or 10…!) of really significant events within the British or global calendar are happening within the next 4 years?

Is there a website or other resource that flags such things up for teachers & heritage educators?

I’m curious about how such events will create space for themselves in the face of the heavy focus on First World War Centenary Commemoration that we’ll all see between this year and 2018.

Many thanks for any and all thoughts,

John

John McMahon

Museums, Libraries & Heritage Advisor

A New Direction

20-26 Brunswick Place,

Hackney, London, N1 6DZ

www.anewdirection.org.uk

T: 020 7608 8988

M: 07734 967798

E: [log in to unmask]

Tw: @A_New_Direction / @JohnMcArtsEd

L: www.linkedin.com/in/johnjamesmcmahon

B: www.anewdirection.org.uk/blog/author/john-mcmahon

Take a look at our blog, and make sure you sign up to receive our monthly digest