Dear Nan,

It is true that the automatic HP estimation can be very conservative sometimes, and it sounds like that is the case for you.  Normally I'd expect that it wouldn't matter so much given your longish blocks, but it is certainly a possibility that getting the right value can make a difference.

I think you are modelling things correctly, by splitting into separate EVs, and I would not change that.
What I would do to find out a good HP cutoff value is to start with a large value (e.g. 500s) and then progressively decrease that value and look at the effect that it has on your EVs (just hit the "View design" button after changing the cutoff value).  When you start to notice a change in the EVs is the point at which you should set the cutoff.  Basically you want to avoid the HP filter affecting your EVs, and in particular you want to avoid it removing power from your design, which is reflected by altered EVs.  If you get down to 90s and you still don't see a change, then stop there, as going to values less than 90s can cause problems for the autocorrelation estimation.

If you follow the above method you should be find an appropriate cutoff value.

All the best,
Mark