Hi Mark,

I plan to use SIENA voxelwise to localize the brain regions exhibiting accelerated rate of atrophy between baseline and follow-up.

 What would be some of the biggest conceptual differences in both techniques? With SIENAr, we can examine regional atrophy rates without the need of intensity-based segmentation. Also, because SIENAr directly measures the shifts in brain edges, it does not suffer from ambiguous interpretation (is volume change due to real tissue loss or systematic alignment errors?)

Looking forward to your expert opinion on this!

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Elijah