From: Chou Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:17 PM
To: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] connectivity maps into one dimensional vectors

Dear MH

How to use fslmaths and fslstats to perform spatial correlation between two sets of masked voxels ?

Best

Paul

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:07:40 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

Note though that 'fslcc' includes ALL the voxels (including any non-brain 0 voxels) in its computation of the correlation, which isn't really what you want if you are trying to rigorously quantify spatial similarity.  In that case, you can either calculate the spatial correlation of a set of masked voxels from first principles (using a combination of fslmaths and fslstats calls), or do it in matlab or using an AFNI function called '3ddot' (which allows you to supply a mask).

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders