Hi Almudena,

If I understand correctly, this comparison will in fact investigate the heritability of the fMRI response to the verbal fluency task. There are various methods and tools available, and I'd suggest that you begin reading about OpenMx (http://openmx.psyc.virginia.edu), SOLAR (http://solar.txbiomedgenetics.org) and SOLAR-Eclipse (https://www.nitrc.org/projects/se_linux).

If you had DZ pairs instead of unrelated individuals, a possibility would be to use Falconer's method to compute heritability (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falconer%27s_formula), or, as a poor-man's solution, compute the intra-pair differences (absolute values), then run a 2-sample t-test in randomise comparing the MZ versus DZ. However, without DZ as controls, only unrelated subjects (the matching by age, education, etc., don't help), I believe that the best would be to model the family structure (and the lack of, for the controls) in SOLAR, but in any rate, not something that could be done in FSL as far as I know.

All the best,

Anderson