Me again!

Following the recent announcement of additional SFA funding to deliver
ESOL for JCP clients, we have been offered money which would mean
something like a 300 to 400% increase in the size of our ESOL provision
for JCP clients.

We have already established a very good relationship with our local JCP
offices and they happily refer their ESOL clients to us. So we think it
is highly unlikelly that the demand is going to increase by such as huge
percentage.

I'd be interested to hear whether anyone else has had a similar experience.

(We're also having a stab at arguing that we should get transitional
funding with this, as this would reduce the number of students that we
need in order to hit these targets.)

Gail
ESOL Curriculum Manager
Adult Education College Bexley

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to