This event is now fully booked, but there are lots of other ways of getting involved with DLNET:

Monthly blog posts

First, look out for the blog post following the Formal Digital Learning event at Museum of London by Alex Flowers, V&A.

Shortly after that Charlie Keitch, IWM will be blogging his thoughts on the Museums and the Web conference in Baltimore.

You will find these and the other monthly blogs on the DLNET homepage:

www.digitallearningnetwork.net

Monthly surgeries

We now host a ‘surgery’ every month, where anyone who would like to can share queries and thoughts on a given topic.

The first surgery in February was Twitter-based, based on our February blog post ‘Crowdsourcing the Museum’.

The March surgery was on ‘Games and Learning – a waste of money?’ hosted on the DLNET email list, as well as Twitter using the usual hashtag #DLNETsurgery.

You can browse all DLNET messages including the recent surgery at list homepage:

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=dlnet

The next surgery will be hosted on Facebook, although of course you can get in touch via Twitter or the DLNET list if you prefer.

If you have a question or suggestion for a topic you would like addressed, tweet us @DLNET or email [log in to unmask]

New membership structure

We recently reviewed our membership to improve our offer, and have seen significant influx as a result!

Here are the ways you can become a member of DLNET:

Subscriber (FREE)

To be a subscriber to DLNET simply follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or join our Email discussion lists. You will be able to:

•             Participate in discussions through the email list or social media

•             Raise topics for discussion

•             Participate in DLNET research

Individual Member (FREE)

Register with us for your FREE individual membership today, and as well as having the same benefits as Subscribers you will also be able to:

•             Get discounts on fees for DLNET events

•             Attend the AGM

•             Propose and second resolutions at the AGM

•             Stand for election as an Officer or Committee Member

•             Vote on DLNET business

Individual Membership is renewable annually.

Organisational Member

Organisations can become members of the network, and will receive the same privileges as Individual members, plus:

•             Nominate up to four representatives from their organisation as members of DLNET

•             Have free attendance for one delegate at a fee paying event each year

Organisational Membership costs just £40 per year and is renewable annually

(The above is taken from our Membership page at www.digitallearningnetwork.net/membership/ )

Ways to stay in touch with DLNET

As well as our website at www.digitallearningnetwork.net we are on Facebook

www.facebook.com/DigitalLearningNetwork  and http://Twitter twitter.com/DLNET

Please let us know what you are up to.  We always welcome suggestions on how we could do more to support you in digital learning.

Martin Bazley

Chair, DLNET

15 Margin Drive

Wimbledon

SW19 5HA

0780 3580 727

www.digitallearningnetwork.net

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +