From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brunella Longo
Sent: 31 March 2014 14:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Secure Messaging for patients

Very quickly. Simon, I just want to say I am being horrified by your message saying that email "it's a very effective and secure communications medium and a perfect vehicle for providing key information to patients".

This is something one could have sensibly said twenty years ago when cyber crime did not exist.

Today, there is an  30% yearly increase in the amount of crimes perpetrated through various internet and text based media, always involving personal data and it is simply irresponsible that people use technologies of information communication with a brainless and opportunistic attitude or overtrusting the intelligence of the carriers, the mediators or the recipients.

Brunella Longo
Information Management Adviser
http://www.brunellalongo.co.uk
Mobile:  +44(0)7549921488
Email: bl @ brunellalongo.co.uk
Address for correspondence: Suite 107, 61 Willow Walk, London SE1 5SF

Have you checked my Change Management Literacy column? I Changed My Mind : Reviewing Everything at http://www.brunellalongo.co.uk/icm2re/
Forthcoming: 99 Stars: competencies and skills that matter for personal and professional well-being and lifelong learning in the digital age. For anticipations and extracts: http://www.twitter.com/99starsbook
Forthcoming: Turning the tide: notes about standards, definitions and international taxonomies of cybercrime.
http://www.brunellalongo.co.uk/publications.html