*Apologies for cross posting*

Exhibition opening: Intimate Worlds: Exploring Sexuality through the Sir Henry Wellcome Collection​ at Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter (5 April-29 June 2014). Organised by the University of Exeter's Sex and History project, which uses objects from the past to get people talking about sex and sexual health today.

This will be the first dedicated showcase of erotic and sexually-related artefacts collected by medical history collector Sir Henry Wellcome. They reveal the varieties and complexities of the way that sex has been understood and represented across global history. This incredible collection, much of which has never been on display before, is being used as a springboard for discussions about sexuality in the exhibition and beyond.

http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/sexandhistory/intimate-worlds-exhibition/

http://www.rammuseum.org.uk/exhibitions/intimate-worlds-exploring-sexuality-through-the-sir-henry-wellcome-collection

Teaching resource: To coincide with the exhibition we have teamed up with RSE Hub to produce a free teaching resource pack for Relationships and Sex Education (RSE), Key Stages 4&5 and free training for teachers and all professionals working with people aged 14 and above. The resource demonstrates our tried and tested method of using historical objects as a safer route to discussions about sensitive subjects such as pornography, consent, and gender roles.​ The resource can be used on its own as part of a sex education programme, or to complement a trip to our special exhibition. Book for free: http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/sexandhistory/sex-and-relationships-education.

Dr. Jen Grove
Researcher, Sex and History Project
University of Exeter
http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/sexandhistory/