---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan Senalp <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: Developing technology to help you organise
To: [log in to unmask]

Comrades at Union Solidarity Int. develops organizing network space in collab. with mayfirst.org and lorea:

Begin forwarded message:

From: "USi Organising" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 5 maart 2014 17:45:10 CET
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Developing technology to help you organise

Affiliate Now »
Follow on Twitter Follow us on Twitter
Friend on Facebook Like us on Facebook
Forward to Friend Forward to a Friend

We believe that new technology offers trade union and progressive activists a fantastic opportunity to reach people. Social media has democratised communications, and opened up all sorts of channels for people to talk to each other, and to organise.

But technology isn't neutral.

Have you ever thought out the ideology of the social networks you use? Read all about it here

Every social network serves a purpose, and there is an ideology behind that purpose. That's why we have created something different:

An Organising Network

Our Organising Network (ON) works like a social network, but it's purpose is different: it's for organising and making decisions online. Used in conjunction with our web conferencing facility, it allows activists who are geographically spread out to meet and make decisions on campaigns.

We have also created a new page on our website exploring Technology and Social Media.

Our top tech stories this week are:

Let’s use all the wonderful social media tools out there to spread the word about unions fighting back against austerity, and building a world based on justice, equality and dignity. But let’s also be conscious of the ideology of the tools we use, and create our own safe spaces too.

Unsubscribe
145/165 West Regent Street
Glasgow, GLG G2 4RZ
United Kingdom

  1. EBook, November 2012: Recovering Internationalism[A compilation of papers from the new millenium. Now free in two download formats]
  2. EBook (co-editor), February 2013: World Social Forum: Critical Explorations http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/
  3. Interface Journal Special (co-editor), November 2012: For the Global Emancipation of Labour
  4. Blog: http://www.unionbook.org/profile/peterwaterman.
  5. Interface Journal Special (Co-Editor) Social Movement Internationalisms. See Call for Papers, (Deadline: May 1, 2014).
  6. Needed: a Global Labour Charter Movement (2005-Now!)
  7. Under, Against, Beyond: Labour and Social Movements Confront a Globalised, Informatised Capitalism (2011) Almost 1,000 pages of Working Papers, free, from the 1980's-90's.
  8. Google Scholar Citation Index:
     http://scholar.google.com.pe/citations?user=e0e6Qa4AAAAJ