One of my main concerns is that the unfolded protein itself would irreversibly aggregate and then wouldn’t interact with the folded protein. I think DSC (differential scanning calorimetry) should be performed first to characterize the state of both proteins and their potential “complex”. By analyzing the DSC data, you should have an idea what kind of enthalpy change is involved during the complex formation. If you see the unfolded protein does become folded, then ITC experiments are worth trying. A combination of ITC/DSC experiments may help you tweak out the exact interaction parameters.

Wendy

Wendy Yang

Manager, Biocalorimetry Laboratory

Center for Biophysical Sciences & Engineering

University of Alabama at Birmingham

Tel: 205-975-2450

Fax: 205-934-0480

Email: [log in to unmask]