Dear Uma,

you have to run the command

source /xtal/Suites/CCP4/ccp4-6.4.0/bin/ccp4.setup-sh

in the terminal from which you start xdsstat (and f2mtz etc.pp). It is
best to place the above command into your file ~/.bashrc so that you
do not need to type it each time you want to use ccp4.

(you will have to adjust the path /xtal/Suites/CCP4/ccp4-6.4.0
according to your installation). The file .bashrc resides in your home
directory.

Best,
Tim

On 03/11/2014 10:37 PM, Uma Ratu wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I try to run xds in linux, but have some problems.
>
> With xdsconv, it complains:
>
> f2mtz: error while loading shared libraries: libccp4f.so.0: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory cad: error while
> file: No such file or directory
>

> With xdsstat, it complains:
>
> xdsstat:  Cannot open environ.def
>
> It seems that one needs to set up a CCP4 environment in order to
> run xds in linux.
>
> I have ccp4 (the latest vision for linux) installed. And I use
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
>
> Thank you for your advice
>
> Uma

- --