Dear all,

Apologies for cross posting!

We have a couple of workshops coming up this next week, 1 for kids and 1 for adults. We're starting a 3 week Wednesday evening beginners course in Pure Data at SPACE and next Saturday we'll be running a workshop for kids in which they will use Bare Conductive's Electric Paint with components to make a night light. This is happening at Furtherfield. If this sounds of interest then please see details below :)

Pure Data Workshop

This workshop is over 3 Wednesday evenings – 12, 19 & 26 March – from 7pm to 9:30pm.

Venue:
SPACE
129-131 Mare Street
Hackney
London
E8 3RH

Details:
In this 3 week, Wednesday evening workshop, you’ll learn the basics of programming and working with Pure Data so that you can start using it in your own projects and create music through code. We'll start from the beginning so previous experience is not necessary.

Pure Data is a visual programming language so you will be developing software graphically rather than writing out lines of code.

In this workshop you will learn:

To attend this workshop you will need:

Price:
Standard Ticket: £90
Concession Ticket: £81

Sign-up:
http://codasign.com/events/beginning-pure-data-2014-03-12/

Create Your Own Night Light (Kids Workshop)

Saturday 15th March
6-9 year olds 10am - 12pm
9-12 year olds 1:30pm - 4pm

Venue:
Furtherfield Commons
Finsbury Park
London
N4 2NQ

Details:
Come and learn how to create your very own night light using Bare Conductive’s Electric Paint, electronic components and a food tub! The workshop will take you though the steps of how to create a circuit, using fun and tangible materials. You will also learn how to work with sensors as the night light uses a light dependent resistor (LDR) to detect whether it is dark or not.

Each workshop ticket is for one child. Parents and guardians accompanying children are welcome to stay during the workshop.

In this workshop you will learn:
  • How to create a circuit using Bare Conductive’s Electric Paint.
  • How to incorporate sensors into a circuit.
  • How to use recycled materials to create a designed object
  • What different components do.
To attend this workshop you will need:
Please bring a recycled food pot of your choice which is clear. We will be using this to house our circuit and decorating it with normal paint to use as the body for our night light.

Price:
6-9 year olds: £20
9-12 year old: £25

Sign-up:
6-9 year olds: http://codasign.com/events/night-light-6-9/
9-12 year olds: http://codasign.com/events/night-light-9-12/

For more information please email [log in to unmask] as we would be happy to discuss the workshop with you.

Thanks!

Emilie

--
Emilie Giles - Head of Production / Co-Director

Codasign
- Be Creative With Technology
http://www.codasign.com
emilie@codasign.com