Hi all,

I am not sure what the reason for this stance might be.

Firstly it is perhaps useful to recall that African Latin refers to the
variation of Latin spoken in North Africa prior to the Arab conquest. It
may well have been the language of Gormund the African King who helped the
English defeat the British. Did any speakers of that language journey to
America? Maybe?

In Latin languages such as Spanish and Portugese, the English term
African-American is translated as Afro-Americano I think this is because
of the way that adjectives are normally formed in a way a bit different
from English.

Perhaps Latin language speaking Americans of African descent prefer a term
which fits better with their mother tongue than importing a linguistic
construction from English?

I think that possibility should be considered before questioning the
appropriateness of the books title.

all the best

Fabian