Obviously, I only ever read the Guardian or the Times Higher Educational
Supplement normally, but it was lying next to me on the train... and
er..ahem..

But it is interesting. The app displays text one word at a time, in the
centre of the screen, with the middle letter of the word in red to maintain
the user's focus. The user can increase the frequency at which the words
are displayed. According to the 'Sun Man', he was quickly able to read at
600 words per minute. The app's creators claim that speeds of up to 1200
words per minute are possible.

At each stage, the user did a quiz to test his recall to make sure that he
had actually taken it all in.

The interesting thing is that journalist Matt Quinton says that he stopped
'hearing' the words in his head as he read. They were processed without
being sounded. This is thought to be the key to the technique.

The Spritz app is available for android platforms at the moment, but they
are planning to release versions for other platforms.

--
Regards

Mike Parry
Study Needs Assessor

​apologies for cross posting: aasistech and ASASA​