Hi All,

The issue here is browser support.  MSIE up to version 9 supported
Mathplayer, which displays MathML and works with Read & Write, Jaws and
many other AT products.
The most recent version of MSIE has broken this, so a new solution needs to
be developed.

Design Science, Texthelp and MathJAX are partnering on a solution currently
that will work on Windows, Mac & Chromebooks.  It should support MSIE,
Firefox, Chrome and Safari on the relevant Operating Systems.

It should also work on IPad and Android devices.

It is a number of months away.  Anyone who is interested in giving Beta
feedback could contact me directly.

In the USA the provision of math as MathML has been standardised and is a
requirement in online assessment.
MathML is called for in their APIP standard for assessment, and is
recommended in their NIMAS ebook format.  Hopefully the UK can get some of
these standards in place across Education Publishers and Assessment
companies so that students can get access to consistently accessible STEM
content and assessment.

Best Wishes,
Martin