I am pleased to say that ARLIS/UK & Ireland has become an institutional
supporter of this Declaration.

The Florence Declaration is an initiative of The Kunsthistorisches Institut
in Florence.

The aim of the Declaration is " to generate a greater understanding of the
inescapable value of photographs and analogue archives for the future of
studies in historic, human and social sciences. Only integration between
the analogue format and the digital format can guarantee the correct
conservation of the photographic heritage for future studies and at the
same time the implementation of digital instruments."

I know some of you have already signed the Declaration. I would encourage
members to read the Declaration for themselves and to consider adding their
names to the list of subscribers. For more information and instructions
about how to subscribe please see:
http://www.khi.fi.it/en/photothek/florencedeclaration/index.html

Chris

--
Chris Fowler
Chair, ARLIS UK & Ireland

Subject Librarian for Publishing and Creative Arts
Oxford Brookes University Library
Gipsy Lane
Headington
Oxford
OX3 0BP
Tel 01865 483138

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2013 at
http://arlis.org.uk/