Postdoctoral Researchers in the Dean Lab, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK

Applications are invited for three Postdoctoral Researchers to join the Laboratory of Prof Caroline Dean http://www.jic.ac.uk/staff/caroline-dean in the Cell and Developmental Biology Department at the John Innes Centre. The individuals will undertake research on environmentally mediated epigenetic regulation, funded by a new Advanced European Research Council grant.

The project will explore mechanisms that enable long term monitoring and integration of the variable temperatures found in nature. We will build on our knowledge of the multiple pathways regulating the plant developmental repressor FLOWERING LOCUS C (FLC). These temperature-regulated pathways converge to modulate FLC expression via aspects of a co-transcriptional mechanism involving antisense transcripts and chromatin regulation.

This work will involve close interaction with mathematical modellers in the group of Prof Martin Howard, Computational and Systems Biology Department, John Innes Centre.

Successful candidates will be required to have a PhD in Genetics or Molecular Biology along with demonstrable scientific success.

The positions will be for up to four years and salary on appointment will be dependent on qualifications and experience, between £28, 100 - £34, 430 per annum.  One of the positions will be at a senior post-doctoral level with a salary between £35, 300 - £45, 000 per annum.

For further details, enquiries and applications please e-mail [log in to unmask].

As a user of the disability symbol, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria for this vacancy.

The closing date for applications will be 2nd April 2014.