From: Sophie Robinson
Subject: Nuffield Research Placements

Dear all,

Could you change someone’s life this summer?

Many of you may be aware of Nuffield Research Placements (formerly Nuffield Science Bursaries) which offer year 12 (or equivalent) school and college students across the UK the opportunity to experience research alongside professional scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians for 4-6 weeks during their summer holiday. As part of our focus on widening participation of the scheme, we support and encourage applications from students who do not have a family history of higher education and those who are from lower socio-economic backgrounds.

At present we have over 5000 students registered online for the scheme and we would like to be able to offer as many placements as possible to these students, we are looking for people to provide our students with placements in summer 2014. Can you help?

Providing a placement will give you the opportunity to share your expertise and inspire the next generation of researchers.

If you are interested, please email me ([log in to unmask]) by 15th April to express your interest.

Many thanks to those of you who have hosted Nuffield students in the past, and who have already committed to doing so this year.

Best wishes,

Sophie

Sophie Robinson

Manager, Nuffield Research Placements