Hello HEEON members

I thought you might like to hear about this - it came out on the NADP list earlier today.

regards, Deb Viney

SOAS, University of London

Apologies for cross-posting

The Disabled Staff Network at the University of Manchester proudly presents "What are we hiding?" on 6 June 2014.

The conference will portray the double theme of “hidden” disabilities and the “hidden” contribution of disabled employees to the nation’s economy.

The aims of this conference will be to:

We are delighted to announce that Tom McAlpine, a renowned speaker in the field of mental health will be joining us at the conference and will be delivering the keynote speech.

Further information and booking

The conference will take place on Friday 6 June 2014 (9.30am-5pm).

Delegate fee is £100 with a 20% early bird discount if booked before 5 May 2014.

To book or to find out more, visit

Elaine Shillcock l  Head of DSO l Disability Support Office (DSO) l Directorate for the Student Experience l University Place  l  The University of Manchester  l  Oxford Road  l  Manchester, M13 9PL  l  Tel +44 (0) 161 275 7512 l   Text +44 (0) 7899 658 790 l  www.manchester.ac.uk/dso

--
Deb Viney, Diversity Advisor,
Deputy Secretary's Directorate,

The School of Oriental & African Studies is the world's leading institution for the study of Asia, Africa and
the Middle East

Have you heard the fabulous SOAS World Music Choir?   Our end of term concert is on Wednesday 19th March 2014 at 7pm in the SOAS Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre.   All welcome, no booking or tickets necessary, admission is free - just turn up.  We do ask for a contribution to a collection - from which 50% goes for the choir's costs and 50% to a charity such as Wateraid.