Hi Everyone,

As this is my first post I think it appropriate to introduce myself. I have been a POCTC for two months having worked in Haematology and Blood transfusion for two years.

Now the questions:

1)      Does anyone have a protocol or ideas on how to validate ketone (beta hydroxybutyrate) meters when we don't perform this assay in our laboratory?

2)      Does anyone have PPQs they are willing to share for Glucose meters/urinalysis and blood gas machines?

Ps I have found this forum invaluable over the last two months. Thank you to the collective wisdom of you all

Thanks

David Ryder, Point of Care Testing Coordinator.

Pathology, Furness General Hospital
Dalton Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 4LF

External: 01229 491279 | Internal: 51279 | Mobile: 07580 818 900