Does it work?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1352979/pdf/annsurg00142-0031.pdf

Jonathan

On 20 Mar 2014, at 13:43, Tetlow Tony <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Dear Collective

I wish to access the group wisdom over a use for POCT testing device in breast clinics which I have never come across. The background is that we are having  a conversation about POCT devices pre colonoscopy. An email with the following statement cropped up:

“The breast clinic also use these fob testing strips to detect blood in nipples that are discharging. We have been using these since i have been here and that must be 8 years now ?”

Never come across this before and was stunned. Could I please have your thoughts on this.

Best wishes

Tony

Mr Tony Tetlow BSc, MSc, DipCB, FRCPath
Consultant Clinical Scientist
Tameside Hospital
Directorate of Laboratory Medicine
Fountain Street
Ashton-under-Lyne
Lancashire
OL6 9RW

Tel: 0161 331 6495
<image003.jpg>

DISCLAIMER : This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose, copy
or distribute information in this email or take any action on its
contents. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the
author and do not represent the views of Tameside Hospital
NHS Foundation Trust unless otherwise explicitly stated. The
information contained in this email may be subject to public
disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless
the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

"Please support your hospital and encourage family and friends
to become Foundation Trust members via the link below"

http://www.tamesidehospital.nhs.uk/work-with-us/ft-membership-form.htm

Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Fountain Street
Ashton-Under-Lyne
OL6 9RW
0161-922-6000

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk<http://www.acb.org.uk/> Green Laboratories Workhttp://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk<http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk/> List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk