From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Iversen Andrew (BRIGHTON AND SUSSEX UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS NHS TRUST)
Sent: 20 March 2014 16:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Unexpected use for POCT device for FOB

---

This message was sent from an email address external to NHSmail but gives the appearance of being from an NHSmail (@nhs.net) address. The recipient should verify the sender and content before acting upon information contained within.

The identified sender is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

---

Although of course the test should be CE marked and validated, the test is very sensitive and is better than microscopy for red cells (at least in urine).  Interferences are possible, but in view of the paper that Jonathan posted then as a simple pre-op assessment perhaps there might just be some merit in it?

Andrew