Hi Ming,
The default of post process is only to filter to the average resolution.
That will make things indeed "scattered" in areas that are more flexible
than the average. You can however filter the map to any resolution (and
factor) you want using the --lowpass and --adhoc_bfac options. Local
resolution filtering is not implemented.
HTH, S

--
Sjors Scheres
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology