Dear colleagues,

We would like to remind the people interested in the ICAZ session "*Stories
written in teeth: New archaeological insights from tooth related studies*"
to submit their abstract (oral presentations and posters) by *March
1st*directly on the conference web page:
www.icaz2014argentina.com. The proposal must specify that it is aimed at
session "18. Stories written in teeth", and we would appreciate a copy sent
to our email as well: [log in to unmask] On the conference web page
you will find the guidelines for abstract presentation and for posters, as
well as information about registration.

The session will be a great opportunity to bring together zooarchaeologists
using methods related to animal dental remains as proxies to study human
palaeoecology, subsistence and social behavior. We hope the session will
stimulate dialogue and interaction from various disciplines related to
teeth. Topics include but are not limited to tooth marks on bones, tooth
ornaments, stable isotopes, cementum analysis, tooth microwear, enamel
microstructure, dental calculus...

We except to get all contributions (oral presentations and posters)
published in a special issue of a peer-reviewed international journal. We
will provide more information about the publication schedule during the
ICAZ conference.

You are all welcome to participate in the session. Feel free to make
circulate this call for papers to other colleagues who you think might be
interested. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Florent Rivals and Edgard Camarós

*STORIES WRITTEN IN TEETH: NEW ARCHAEOLOGICAL INSIGHTS FROM TOOTH RELATED
STUDIES*

Organizers: *Florent Rivals* and *Edgard Camarós*; [log in to unmask];

In the last years the study of dental remains from archaeological sites has
become an important element bringing new insights to understand past
societies. This potential is related to the application of new methods or
improvement of existing methods that contributed to provide a better
knowledge of human palaeoecology, subsistence and social behavior.

The objective of this session is to bring together presentations and
discussions on the last advances in the ways of analyzing tooth-related
evidences in the archaeological record. Themes are related to palaeoecology
and zooarchaeology. Possible topics include but are not limited to stable
isotopes, cementum analysis, tooth microwear, enamel microstructure, dental
calculus, tooth marks on bones, or even tooth ornaments.

In this session preference will be given to those presentations combining
different methodologies and disciplines applied to large mammals and with
clear archaeological implications.

Florent Rivals
ICREA Research Professor
Institut Catalŕ de Paleoecologia Humana i Evolució Social (IPHES)
C. Marcel.lí Domingo s/n
Campus Sescelades URV (Edifici W3)
43007 Tarragona, Spain

Phone: (+34) 607 982 151 / Cell phone: (+34) 679 943 019
email: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] or