Dear zooarchers,

For comparative purposes, I am currently seeking recent remains (skulls with
dentition) of the following canids:

the Eqyptian jackal (Canis aureus lupaster) aka the African wolf (Canis lupus
lupaster)

the Arabian wolf (Canis lupus arabs)

and the Ethiopian wolf (Canis simensis)

I already have information about some of these species in collections of the
British Museum Natural History in London, The African Museum in Tervuren and the
Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels.

If anyone knows where I might find remains of these animals lurking in other
collections, please get in touch.

Thanks, Elaine

Dr. Elaine Turner
MONREPOS Archaeological Research Centre and
Museum for Human Behavioural Evolution
Schloss Monrepos
D - 56567 Neuwied
email: [log in to unmask]
phone: 0049 2631 9772 19
fax: 0049 2631 9772 299
www.monrepos-rgzm.de
www.rgzm.de

MONREPOS is part of the Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum, Forschungsinstitut
für Archäologie

A member of the Leibniz Gemeinschaft