Aviation Risk Management Solutions working group ARMS Forum
28th March 2014 - City University, London (09:00 - 16:00)

As members of the ARMS group, we would like to formally invite you to join us for an ARMS Forum on the 28th March 2014 to be very kindly hosted at City University in London.

The objectives for the day are:
- See how ARMS is working and identify areas that could benefit from improvement
- Allow users to share experiences
- Give an opportunity to new potential users to learn about ARMS

This is a free not-for-profit event. The agenda for the day is still being developed and if there are any particular issues you would like to see addressed or would like to share your experience then please do let us know. If you would like to attend the forum, or know of other who you would suggest we invite, then please let us know by writing to [log in to unmask] We will then send you further information closer to the event.

Background
ARMS, an independent industry working group, was set up in 2007 in order to develop a new and better methodology for operational risk assessment and classification. The outcome of that activity was guidance material issued in 2010 addressing both the area of incident and Event Risk Classification (ERC) and Safety Issue Risk Assessment (SIRA) which was made freely available to the aviation industry via SKYbrary
http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/ARMS_Methodology_for_Risk_Assessment).

Since that time there has been increasing interest and understanding in the measurement and management of risk across the aviation industry. The ARMS methodologies have been widely recognised as offering solutions to the issues that are being identified and as a result the methodologies, most significantly the ERC approach, have been adopted globally in a wide range of aviation contexts.
We hope to see you in March.
Best regards
Jari Nisula, Andrew Rose, Ivan Sikora, Dave Prior, Andreas Beaujean, Jan Peeters, Dave Stobie, Joao Brites, Philippe Pilloud, Gerard van Es, Martin Fleidl, Nancy Harmer, Tom O'Kane

Dr Ivan Sikora, PhD, MRAeS
Senior Lecturer
Programme Director M.Sc. Air Safety Management
School of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences
Tait Building - C139,
Northampton Square
London, EC1V  0HB
Tel: +44 (0) 2070403815