Only a few days left to register for the RGS-mid term conference, hosted by Loughborough University. There is a session sponsored by Loughborough's Polar and Alpine Research Centre, which would be an ideal place to present early PhD work to the community.

-------------------------
Hi All,

We are hosting the RGS mid-term conference here at Loughborough this April. It's a great opportunity to present your work, especially for first and second year PhD students. Details below:

This conference is a great opportunity to present your research to fellow postgraduates in a supportive environment and this year has been extended in length to enable more postgraduates to present and more time for informal discussion.

Loughborough University is pleased to host the RGS-IBG Postgraduate Forum Mid-term Conference on 14th – 15th April 2014. This is a supportive and friendly event for PhD students to present their work to the postgraduate community. We invite research ideas and findings from all geographical aspects, both physical and human, to be presented either orally or by poster. This meeting will provide a unique networking opportunity to facilitate interdisciplinary research.

The mid-term conference is open to all postgraduates, at any stage of their research. We particularly encourage first year students to attend, since the relaxed environment is perfect for those presenting for the first time.

Please go to http://store.lboro.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=2&catid=70 to register.

Registration closes Friday 22nd February 2014.  For any enquiries please email: [log in to unmask]

Conference organisers: Stacey Balsdon, David Rigby, Catherine Waite, Matt Hill, George Windsor and Eleanor Darlington. Department of Geography, Loughborough University

--
Ella Darlington
Vice President, UK Polar Network