I set it directly in the /etc/argus/pap/pap_configuration.ini config file;
the relevant bits of the file look like this:

[paps]
## Trusted PAPs will be listed here
centralbanning.type = remote
centralbanning.enabled = true
centralbanning.dn = /C=UK/O=eScience/OU=CLRC/L=RAL/CN=argusngi.gridpp.rl.ac.uk
centralbanning.hostname = argusngi.gridpp.rl.ac.uk
centralbanning.port = 8150
centralbanning.path = /pap/services/
centralbanning.protocol = https
centralbanning.public = true

[paps:properties]
poll_interval = 3600
ordering = centralbanning
ordering = default

> To set the retention interval, I'm editing /etc/argus/pdp/pdp.ini like
> this:
>
> :%s/retentionInterval = 240/retentionInterval = 20/

Yup.

And then restarts of the services after the config file changes.

Ewan