Thanks Donald, really helpful.

I have a follow up question: Is there any way to compare 3 groups (say GroupA, GroupB, GroupC) with only the 2 first groups having sub-groups (ie GroupA1, GroupA2, GroupB1, GroupB2, GroupC)? I understand I cannot use the fullfactorial design in that case, because my GroupC does not have sub-group.

Any idea/suggestions?

Thanks.

Yann