Dear space syntax community

I am writing you to ask for some help for trying to clarify some questions on​

​ ​
spatial analysis
​regarding fields of view, making use of Depthmap software.

It seems to me
​that, based on the documents consulted about the software, all spaces should be convex polygonal spaces.
1 - How to consider in multilevel spaces fields of view studies spaces that have visibility with spaces in lower levels or higher levels (such as a mezzanine space)
In the particular case
​I've ​
met this difficulty in

1a) in the space of FAUP library. (Fig. 1a) we should consider the upper space, as a single convex space without barriers? How to analyse a visual control between spaces at different levels?

Inline image 3Inline image 4
​fig1a​

1b
​i​
)
space cloister
​and the circulation areas in ground floor
(
​Fig. ​
1b)
​  should we consider galleries and the empty central place as a as a single square  convex space without barriers?
1bii)
space cloister
​and the circulation areas in first floor ​
(
​Fig. ​
1b)
​  should
​we ​
consider galleries and the empty central place as a as a single square convex space without barriers?

Inline image 5

2)

2) Wen we are studing a spoace considering isovist fieds of view in a building should we consider the windows as visual permeability between spaces?
If a physical space is defined by a totally transparent barrier, such as in fig 2a

​should ​
all space atrium and secretary be considered as a single convex space for fields of view analisys, but for axial analisys the spaces should
​they ​
be considered as 2 separated convex spaces?

Inline image 2
​fig2a​

2
​b)  Fig 2b

In Carlos Ramos Pavilion in FAUP,:

i)               how to consider the visual continuity between all spaces on the same level,

ii)              ii) how to consider the visual continuity between spaces different levels, such as in the groud floor and the first level

Inline image 8fig2b

3) If a physical space is defined by a barrier with a high that does not interrupt the visual permeability. Like situation of the service desks in departments, or handrails, which forms a physical barrier to mobility but as physical elements with an approximate 90cm height they does not constitute visual barriers for users. Fig

​3​

Inline image 10
​fig3​

4) situations ramps / stairs that high should we consider cutting visual permeability between  floors, the same as we consider
​when we represent the space in plans (~1,1 m)?

Inline image 9
​fig4​

thanks in advance

--