Can you merge and then delete duplicates?

sort by id.
if ( id = lag(id)) then dupe = 1.

Then delete anyone who has a dupe equal to 1.

Jeremy

On 10 February 2014 06:31, Kennedy, Mark 2004 (PGR) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,

Just a quick SPSS query:

Each member of the team has their own SPSS database (which gets data added every time a participant is seen) and there is a central one stored securely at the University.

What we want to do is merge our own databases with the central one as we go along, adding only the new participants each time we merge, i.e., WITHOUT it duplicating cases.

Is there an automated way to do this? Merging everything in one go at the end is not an option. The only other solution I see is for each person to create new empty databases for new cases every time they've merged one, which is a little laborious.

Best wishes,

Mark
DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.