Good afternoon all :)

I'm struggling with statistics (not for the first time!) and I'd appreciate any advice.
I'm planning an experiment for my MSc and am not sure how to analyse my data.
The study is an independent measures design. The DV is severity of sentence and will be nominal data. I have 2 IVs. IV 1 will be the level of vision of the participants with 3 levels and IV 2 will have 6 levels relating to the characteristics of an imaginary defendant.

Which way would be best to analyze the results in SPSS? Would I use ANOVA?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone could offer me.

Joanne Takacs