Apologies for cross-posting.

-----Original Message-----
From: ecpg [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 February 2014 13:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Call for Papers_Gender Equality and Governance (From Amy C.

Call for Papers: Why is Gender Equality Good for Governance?
Berlin, October 29-31, 2014

Research on gender and governance has found substantial evidence on positive relationships between gender equality and democratic norms, peace and security, economic performance, and anti-corruption. The Collaborative Research Center SFB 700 "Governance in Areas of Limited Statehood" hosts a workshop organized by Amy C. Alexander and Tanja A.
Börzel to explore why and when gender equality matters for good governance. We call for papers that investigate into the increasingly established link between indicators of gender equality and good governance. In particular, we encourage papers to explore the relationship between gender equality and good governance in areas of limited statehood, where the state is too weak and often not willing to provide collective goods and services. For further information follow this link:
http://www.sfb-governance.de/media/sonstige-Ressourcen/CfP-Gender-and-Governance.pdf?1390478145

Abstracts of 500 words should be sent to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] by May 1st, 2014.

>Travel and accommodation of paper givers will be covered by the SFB700: "Governance in the Areas of Limited Statehood."
Sincerely,
>Amy Alexander

>Prof. Dr. Amy C. Alexander
>Maria Goeppert Mayer Chair of Politics and Gender Department of
>Political Science Georg August University Göttingen
>
>Office Address:
>Institut für Politikwissenschaft
>Platz der Göttinger Sieben 3
>37073 Göttingen
>Germany
>
>Home:
>St. Lambertiplatz 10
>21335 Lueneburg
>Germany
>
>Phone:
>+49 (0) 175 1547654
The Conveners of the ECPR Standing Group on Gender and Politics Isabelle Engeli, University of Ottawa Liza Mügge, University of Amsterdam Elizabeth Evans, University of Bristol Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ECPG/394313230696832
Have a look at our website: http://standinggroups.ecpr.eu/gender/news/
follow us on Twitter: @ECPG3