That is always the case for members of a profession including lawyers,
doctors, architects, physiotherapists etc.  Our predecessors such as Dame
Sarah Swift  fought for nursing to be considered as a profession and
establish a nursing register in order to raise our status.

Anne

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: