Dear Laura
as you mention Lygia Clark it prompts me to say that with co-author Felipe
Fonseca we wrote a mapping document of digital culture in Brazil (for the
Dutch Ministry of Culture) in 2009.

Within this we traced some of the lineage from early pioneers in art and
technology in Brazil through to practitioners working in networked media
today. Much has been ground-breaking!

We drew on the @rt Outsiders festival catalogue from 2005 which Annick
 below and we mention of course leading artists such as Regina Silveira who
pioneered what is called mail-art and other approaches: you can read more
about her work at:
 http://ow.ly/tmpel

This report which may still have useful material can be downloaded at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk5hteb9h6o48dz/Mapping%20E-Culture%20Brazil.pdf

all v best

Bronac

--