Subject: Re: Taxidermy display
From: "Freedman, Jan" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
CC:

Hi Phil,

The glass in these lovely old mounts is pretty old, and often very thin. There is potential for people to put their hands through it, or even a gentle knock could smash the glass.

Often the glass is loose (because the lining has come away) so it could slip out from the box.

It’s a nice idea, but I would be cautious.

Hope that helps!

Jan

Jan Freedman
Curator of Natural History