Dear all

I have been a member of the list for a couple of months now but am not in much of a position to contribute at the moment.  I am a recently qualified band 5 midwife on a preceptorship at Nottingham University Hospitals and really keen to develop my interest in research alongside my clinical practice.  I have been accepted onto a MRes in Health Research at Stirling starting in September although still working on funding for fees.  I have found the discussion on ethnographic studies really interesting so thought I had better say hi and thank members for the useful links.  I don't have a set area of interest at the moment, I'm waiting to see what issues arise or becoming interesting in clinical practice.  This is a great resource, many thanks to everyone who contributes, any advice for a beginning researcher is most welcome!

Jules Bambridge
Band 5 Midwife
NUH