Great pics.  The architectural lump looks as if it might be finished to some extent around the sides (the pattern doens't break suddenly but seems purposely ended), and from what I can see the top front edge might be finished to a couple of inches in depth, but then is rough.  The cornice part of the entablature over a door?

all best

Laura