CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS: SPECIAL ISSUE OF INFINITE EARTHS - "NORDIC NOIR & THE SCANDINAVIAN INVASION"

Since the publication and inordinate success of Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series of novels globally, the genre of so-called 'Nordic Noir' has fast become a cultural phenomenon both in the United Kingdom and on the international stage. BBC Four's recent broadcast of The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen and Wallander have been met with critical acclaim and influenced a surge in the popularity of Scandinavian Crime Fiction in film, perhaps more pointedly, literature. Lars Kepler, Jusse Adler-Olsen, Hakan Nesser, Jo Nesbo, and many more besides.

This special issue of Infinite Earths seeks contributions that analyse, dissect or review these texts from inter-disciplinary perspectives. The pieces should range from 1000 words onwards and may include reviews of TV series, books or films that fit within this purview. Topics can range from the following (but if you have an idea you would like to share, please do not hesitate in contacting me):

The Bridge
The Killing (series and novels)
Borgen
Literature
Sjowall and Wahloo
Henning Mankell
Stieg Larsson
Hakan Nessen
Jo Nesbo (films and books)
Jan Costin Wagner

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope we can collaborate on some interesting viewpoints regarding this cultural phenomenon.

All the Best

William Proctor
PhD Candidate
University of Sunderland
Centre for Research in Media & Cultural Studies
'Regeneration & Rebirth: Anatomy of the Franchise Reboot':http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/February_2012/proctor.pdf
'Beginning Again: The Reboot Phenomenon in Comic Books and Film': http://scan.net.au/scan/journal/display.php?journal_id=163
'Infinite Earths' website, www.infiniteearths.co.uk