Hey all

We’ve just announced our first online course: Wordpress for museums and non-profits (beginners).

As this is our first one, we’re limiting attendees to 20. More info and booking here: http://bit.ly/1fEX7sY

** Use the code “MCG" when you book and you’ll get 20% off  - but only for the first 5 people who book...**

Blurb / audience / what you’ll learn:

Wordpress has become *the* CMS of choice around the world, powering a large proportion of popular websites. It's free, open source, easy to use and great to develop for. As such, it's an ideal tool for museums, galleries and non-profits - and provides the means to create beautiful, easily maintainable sites.

This 4-week online course is a perfect starting point for novices who are looking to set up a site using WordPress or have been given the responsibility of editing an existing site and want to understand how to make it work better.

Find out more about how our online courses work at courses.thirty8.co.uk/faq

** You **

> might be a content person, a marketing person, a curator - or maybe just starting out doing some work on the web
> want to understand how to create a simple, functional, easy-to-edit site for your institution
> don't need to be technical / a geek! On this course we won't get into any coding - everything we do will be within the WordPress dashboard, which is all point and click. (If you're interested in getting under the hood with Wordpress, join our mailing list - we'll be announcing more Wordpress courses soon...!)

** Course Outline **

Week 1: introduction

> Getting started
> Understanding the difference between WordPress.com and Wordpress.org
> Hosting and installation
> Introduction to the WordPress Dashboard

Week 2: writing content

> Getting WordPress ready: posts, pages, comments
> Editing
> Managing comments: moderation
> Using the Media Library: photos, documents, video

Week 3: making your site look and work differently

> Themes
> Templates
> Plugins
> Widgets