Hi Owen

Citations in Wikipedia (or any other link) shouldn't "officially" have any influence on search engine rankings as they all use the "nofollow" attribute (which effectively instructs search engine spiders to ignore the connection). Adding nofollow was stemmed from a policy change at Wikipedia to try to reduce people using the platform to help their outfit/clients spam the search results pages. However, the search engine ranking algorithms are complex and other aspects might be considered. But mostly, the benefit of having your content or references to your content on Wikipedia is at the human level!

Best regards

Peter

Peter Pavement
Director