I don’t have PGCE either but there has not been any problem with my doing speaking exams in the past. I go to the child’s school and do the speaking. Now it is Controlled Assessment, I guess I will have to go more often to the relevant schools.

Charlotte

From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lu Yi-Shan
Sent: 14 February 2014 11:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: examiner for Edexcel GCSE Chinese

Dear Forum,

I am hired by a company teaching school groups Mandarin online (during school hours) and I do not have NQT/PGCE status. My students are taking their GCSE Chinese (Edexcel) this year. Can anyone tell me whether I can be my students' 'examiner', and whether I can conduct Speaking and Writing exam with them? I do not know for sure if I am a 'qualified examier' (from Edexcel's point of view) to conduct my students' Writing and Speaking exam.

I was told by my school that an online teacher (from my company) conduct German GCSE with them physically, and parents (of this school's pupils) were asked to come to their school to conduct Polish exams, and I was asked why can't I do it.

Shouldn't this (4 exams) be done at my students' local exam centre with someone with NQT?

I do not want to mess this up for my school and company. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

YiShan Lu