**Apologies for cross-posting**
Deadline Monday 10 February!
There is still time to submit a proposal for this Higher Education Academy symposium:

The Transatlantic: towards a scholarship learning of learning and teaching<http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2014/A_H/Transatlantic>
The Foresight Centre University of Liverpool

This symposium will consider pedagogies produced by the Caribbean and the transatlantic. If the Transatlantic as a field of enquiry ebbs and flows, ontologically and epistemologically, is its pedagogy similarly liquid? By restlessly remaking its definitions, its histories, and its connections, can the transatlantic offer a pedagogical model for the future?

We invite exploration of:

*  Ownership and identity in the teaching of transatlantic histories and texts.

*  The transatlantic canon and the curriculum.

*  Teaching the transatlantic in the culturally, ethnically and historically diverse classroom.

*  Students as co-constructors of transatlantic knowledge.

*  Postcolonial pedagogies in transatlantic studies.

*  How does teaching the transatlantic differ as it crosses the Atlantic? Does the transatlantic look different at universities in the Caribbean, in Europe and in the US.

*  The transatlantic as metaphor for our own academic practice.

We invite 15 minute papers, roundtable discussions and posters to share knowledge and learning and teaching experiences with us.
Please email your proposals (maximum 250 words) to Catriona Cunningham<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Monday 10 February 2014

Please encourage interested colleagues and postgraduate students to submit proposals and attend.  Registration is now open<http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2014/A_H/Transatlantic>.

Dr Nicole King
Discipline Lead for English Literature, Creative Writing and English Language
M +44 (0)7989 434003    [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  Twitter@DrNicoleKing

[cid:image003.png@01CDF243.07402F70]
The Higher Education Academy, Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR
www.heacademy.ac.uk<http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/>

New publication available to download from the HEA website:
Beyond the Benchmark: Creative writing in higher education<http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/assets/documents/disciplines/English/HEA_Beyond_the_Benchmark.pdf> by Paul Munden

This e-mail along with any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and may contain privileged information. It is intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose, store, copy, take any action or omit to take any action in reliance of its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately. Views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security and take any necessary measures when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachment(s) are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus free as the Higher Education Academy will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on by this e-mail and/or any attachment(s). The Higher Education Academy. Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 04931031. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1101607. Registered as a charity in Scotland no. SC043946.