Hi Jane,

Very interesting and we have a group of games developers that are really excited by your post. I asked them for a bit of feedback for you and I hope it is useful. If you'd like any further information or input then we'd be delighted to speak to you (or anybody else on the list) about ways to engage young people.... I know all three of my kids are officially addicts!!

**

“Organising and taking part in Minecraft activity sessions is very simple and fun for a wide variety of ages. The possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination.

Simple tasks can be laid out for younger children to build and learn or you can give them creative freedom to build whatever they feel like. From simples house and farm buildings to creating your own rollercoaster. The game boasts two different game modes; Survival, allowing you to gather materials and tools necessary to build your own homestead or Creative, giving the player endless amounts and varieties of blocks to bring their own creations to life. With an active modding community there are a large variety of changes and additions that can be implemented.

For control we would suggest Xbox controllers (USB adaptors are available at low cost), a widely known and familiar system for most kids and supported by Microsoft. On our Discovery Table and interactive signage products it would be possible to launch Minecraft and with a big enough screen for everyone to be able to gather around and share the experience. There are also lots of videos on YouTube that you can play to the children in advance of playing to show them what is possible, although please preview these videos before playing them as some may include inappropriate content.

We also have the ability to script and create a custom activity session to suit your needs.

We are avid fans of Minecraft and have been since its Beta release."

**

Regards,

Neil

Neil Wishart
Director

Solus UK Ltd : James Watt Building : James Watt Avenue: Scottish Enterprise Technology Park : East Kilbride : G75 0QD

Tel: + 44 (0)1355 813 600
Mob: + 44 (0)7779 296 088
email: [log in to unmask]
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/neilwishart