It’s Friday and time to ask a Friday question.

There has been a lot of talk about evidence based outcomes in trying to determine the impact and value of libraries.

In Midlothian, as you do, we collect all the numbers but this really doesn’t demonstrate impact.

Does anyone have anything relating to qualitative performance they can share. I am particularly but not exclusively interested in the logic model. I’ve started looking at what impact all the children’s activities have but there is so much I’ll end up writing a book! I’ve also looked at Tesco’s steering wheel and am trying to use that in a library context.

I’m interested in:

·         what research has been undertaken to demonstrate the impact of services – to a certain extent this is fairly straight forward – Book start rhymetimes or as we call it in Scotland Bookbug, Books on Prescription (Healthy Reading Midlothian) etc

·         what evidence we need to collect locally to demonstrate impact.

All answers gratefully received.

Best wishes

Philip Wark

Library Services Manager

Midlothian employees can enjoy the benefits of our free library service, such as ebooks and downloadable audiobooks - join here:  http://libraries.midlothian.gov.uk/06_SelfRegistration/06_001_YourDetails.aspx

Midlothian Council - Health & Social Care

Library HQ

2 Clerk Street

Loanhead

Midlothian EH20 9DR

tel: 0131 271 3971

tel: 07990136899

fax: 0131 440 4635

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended for the addressee only.

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please
notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

All communication sent to or from Midlothian Council may be subject
to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.