From:   Jane Higgs <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask],
Date:   07/02/2014 14:44
Subject:        Minecraft in libraries
Sent by:        "lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries"

Hi Everyone!

We're in the very early stages of looking into the feasibility of running
Minecraft sessions in our libraries, but we don't really know what works
and what doesn't. Does anyone have any experience of using Minecraft in
activity sessions? The only reports I can find of it being used are in the
US.

All experiences (good and bad) would be welcomed!

Many thanks,
Jane Higgs
Information Services Librarian
Information Services
Libraries, Heritage and the Arts

Walsall Central Reference Library
Lichfield Street
Walsall
WS1 1TR
www.walsall.gov.uk/libraries
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/WalsallLibrary
Or on Facebook - Love Walsall Libraries

Disclaimer: IF THIS EMAIL IS MARKED PRIVATE OR CONFIDENTIAL - PLEASE
RESPECT THAT AND DO NOT FORWARD IT TO ANYONE ELSE WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. The information in this message should be
regarded as confidential and is intended for the addressee only unless
explicitly stated.  If you have received this message in error it must be
deleted and the sender notified.  The views expressed in this message are
personal and not necessarily those of Walsall MBC unless explicitly
stated.  E-mails sent or received from Walsall MBC may be intercepted and
read by the Council.  Interception will only occur to ensure compliance
with Council policies or procedures or regulatory obligations, to prevent
or deter crime, or for the purposes of essential maintenance or support of
the e-mail system. You should also be aware that any email may be subject
of a request under Data Protection, Freedom of Information or
Environmental Information legislation and therefore could be disclosed to
third parties.

E-mail Security: Communication by internet email is not secure as messages
can be intercepted and read by someone else. Therefore we strongly advise
you not to email any information, which if disclosed to unrelated third
parties would be likely to cause you distress. If you have an enquiry of
this nature please provide a postal address to allow us to communicate
with you in a more secure way. If you want us to respond by email you must
realise that there can be no guarantee of privacy.

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the
addressee only. It may be confidential and may be the subject of
legal and/or professional privilege.
sender or [log in to unmask]
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and
cannot be taken as an expression of the County Council's
position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming
and outgoing mail. Whilst every care has been taken to check
this
e-mail for viruses, it is your responsibility to carry out any
checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website -
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk