From: Tanya Feddern-Bekcan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:29:23 PM
Subject: Re: Care Home info

Hi, Catherine. Maybe try searching under some of the things that can lead to death (especially in the frail elderly), such as falls, malnutrition and/or dehydration (from not wanting to eat/drink), deterioration, functional decline, depression, encephalopathy.   Look for studies mentioning any of these conditions in a new environment.

I'd like to see your results; please share.

Take care,

Tanya

Tanya Feddern-Bekcan, MLIS, AHIP, MOT, OTR/L
formerly Tanya Feddern
Occupational Therapist and Medical Librarian

They do random drug checks; why don’t they do random hand swabs to see which unhygienic healthcare providers are killing their patients by spreading deadly infection?

"A library without a librarian is a reading room." -- Jenny Garcia of the University of Wyoming, MLS, AHIP

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” -- Voltaire

"If your day didn't include making someone smile, you're doing it wrong" -- Anonymous